Pages

"Time stands still best in moments that look suspiciously like ordinary life." Brian Andreas

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Week 13~ Riverbanks Zoo

James' last field trip of his first grade year was a fun day at the Riverbanks Zoo.
The highlight of the trip for the children was riding on a charter bus with fold down seats, televisions and a bathroom on board! A week later, James is still talking about the seats on the bus. James' teacher even let Cate ride the bus with her for the last 2 miles of the trip. She was so excited thtat she finally got to sing, "The Wheels on the Bus," on THE BUS! When we all arrived at the zoo, the best adventures of all were behind us on the bus. Our little group enjoyed the day and I know Kevin and I came home much more tired than the kids.
Some quotes from three 6 year olds, one 3 year old and one 34 year old...
1. Look at that monkey's butt, it's bright red! (the baboons)
2. I'm hot!
3. The elephant's poop is bigger than my head!
4. Ouch, I think that bird just bit me.
5. I'm thirsty.
6. Can we stop walking now?
7. Get out of the tigers habitat!
And favorite one of all...
8. I don't know how you do this everyday! After 11 years of teaching, finally Kevin has some little teensy weensy bit of understanding of why I come home completely exhausted each and everyday. Maybe now I will get my "Me time" for a few minutes.

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment